If you thought clothes moths were a phenomenon that came and went with your grandmother’s generation, you’re in for a surprise. Clothes moths are hard-to-spot pests, particularly because they do their damage while still in the larvae stage. Thankfully, there are several effective ways to combat clothes moths. Here is our recommended way to fight off clothes moths.
|Top||Powerful Moth Traps for Clothes Moths | 3-Pack | Refillable, Odor-Free & Natural from MothPrevention | Best Catch-Rate for Clothes Moth and Carpet Moth Traps on The Market! - Results Guaranteed…||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Lavender Sachet and Cedar Bags - Moth Repellent Sachets (20 Pack) Home Fragrance for Drawers and Closets. Natural Clothes Moths Repellant Dried Lavendar Flowers and Cedar Chips with Long-Lasting Aroma||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Cedar Space Cedar Blocks for Closet Storage, 100% Nature Aromatic Red Ceder Wood Protection for Wardrobes Closets and Drawers Value Pack of 72 Sets||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||ACMETOP 15 Pack Cedar Hang Ups, 100% Natural Cedar Blocks for Clothes Storage, Aromatic Cedar Balls Hangers, Storage Accessories Closets & Drawers||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Dr. Killigan's Premium Clothing Moth Traps with Pheromones Prime | Non-Toxic Clothes Moth Trap with Lure for Closets & Carpet | Moth Treatment & Prevention | Case Making & Web Spinning (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Cedar Home Cedar Blocks for Clothes Storage | Cedar Rings & Cedar Balls | Closet Freshener | Mildew Prevention | 40 Pieces, 30 Cedar Rings & Bonus 10 Cedar Balls||Prime||Buy Now|
|ENOZ Moth Balls 4oz, 6-Packages Protects Against Clothes Moths, Carpet Beetles and Their Eggs and Larvae. Moth Killer||Prime||Buy Now|
|15 oz. Supply Guru Old Fashioned Original Moth Balls 15 oz. (425 Grams) Repellent Closet Clothes Protector, No Clinging Odor, Kills Clothes Moths, Eggs, Larvae, and Carpet Beetles||Prime||Buy Now|
These stink-free traps are easy to use – just open, peel and fold. The traps work for three months.
- The traps use natural pheromones to attract the clothes months.
- They work for clothes, closets and carpets.
- Replacement strips are available to slide into the traps.
- These won’t repel any other insects.
- Be careful when exposing the sticky board – use tweezers.
Final thoughts: It’s not the cheapest solution for clothes moths, but these traps don’t have the stink or make the mess of other options.
Consider nature’s natural defense against clothes moths. These bags are filled with dried lavender flowers and cedar chips.
- It’s an eco-friendly solution for clothes moths elimination.
- The scent of lavender also helps promote a good night’s sleep.
- In addition to fighting off pests, they aid in removing odors from clothing.
- Some reviewers say the scent is too subtle to really detect.
- Lavender doesn’t kill moth larvae, so you’ll want to be sure the closet is free of eggs before using this method as a deterrent.
Final thoughts: It’s a planet-friendly way to fight off moths – and it makes your clothes smell great too, though opinions vary on how strong the scent is.
Curious how a type of wood can protect clothing? Red cedar has natural oils that repel moth larvae. This set from Cedar Space has a variety of shapes, including cubes, spheres, planks and hanger rings.
- Can be placed in drawers, shoes and clothes.
- Safe around pets.
- Also effective in fighting off mildew.
- Cedar’s oil doesn’t kill clothes moths and their eggs; it just repels them.
- As the scent of the oil fades, so does the effectiveness against moths.
Final thoughts: It’s hard to argue with a method of insect repellent that dates back to Ancient Greece. These cedar products are a versatile way of keeping your clothes moth-free.
This chemical-free method of fighting off moths also puts out a natural, fresh scent. Simply sand them down when the fragrance fades.
- The cedar is farmed from renewable sources.
- Though they’re designed as hangers, these planks can be placed in drawers, shoes, cars or wherever needed.
- Full refunds are available for up to three months if you’re not happy with this product
- Remember that cedar oil doesn’t kill the insects; it just repels them
- The planks require periodic sanding down to remain effective.
Final thoughts: Cedar remains a popular weapon against moth infestation, and these hanger versions of the wood make them quick and easy to implement.
These traps use pheromones to attract and capture the male clothes moths, disrupting the mating cycle.
- Attractively designed so they won’t stand out like a sore thumb.
- Easy to install: Open, peel and fold.
- Effective against the two top types of moths that attack clothing.
- Only works against clothing moths; not an effective deterrent to pantry or gypsy moths.
- These traps don’t kill the clothes-eating larvae but rather discourage future larvae infestations.
Final thoughts: These traps from the cleverly named Dr. Killigans are an effective, scent-free way to protect your clothes.
This set includes 30 rings and a bonus 10 balls. They’re sourced from natural red cedar from North America and are free of added chemicals.
- Can be safely placed in drawers, shoes and closets.
- Because they’re chemical-free, they’re safe around pets.
- Also fights off mildew.
- While it won’t kill the larvae, it does repel the clothes-eating pests.
- As the cedar’s scent fades, their effectiveness drops.
Final thoughts: Cedar is still one of the most effective deterrents to these clothes-wreckers. This product offers a great, fresh scent and are safe to place anywhere.
If your household needs heavy-duty protection, this 71-piece set is a bargain.
- It has enough cedar to handle all the closets and drawers of a larger home.
- Made of 100 percent red cedar farmed from renewable forests.
- Includes all the most popular accessories so you have wider variety.
- As the red cedar’s scent fades, its effectiveness drops.
- Some reviewers report the scent doesn’t seem strong enough.
Final thoughts: This set is definitely the answer if you’re fighting off a larger infestation or just protecting your clothes from potential creepers. It’s a budget-friendly option as well.
Alas we arrive at the most commonly known fighter against clothes moths: moth balls. Enoz products are EPA registered and are great at killing moths, moth eggs and larvae.
- Unlike traps and cedar products, these balls actually kill existing invaders.
- They can last up to a year depending on the environment.
- The balls are also helpful in chasing away other household invaders like beetles, snakes and mice.
- The strong scent can be a turn-off for some.
- Once expired, they need to be replaced.
Final thoughts: Moth balls get a bad reputation for their scent, but they also remain the most sure-fire way to kill clothes-eating larvae.
With approximately 120 balls included, this set of moth balls can protect up to 45 cubic feet of space.
- It’s hard to argue with the high degree of effectiveness of moth balls in killing larvae.
- This set has enough balls to cover most of your storage space.
- The smell is strong.
- Unlike cedar, there’s no way to refresh them when they eventually expire.
Final thoughts: Sometimes the old-fashioned cures work best. These are a good solution in spaces that don’t have to be opened often.
If the scent of cedar and lavender can chase away moths, why not just find a spray with that combination. Here you have it.
- Combines the two scents proven to discourage clothes moths.
- One of the least expensive methods for protection.
- Can be used to refresh existing cedar planks.
- Should not be sprayed on stained or finished wood.
- The scent is not as pleasant as the products it’s derived from.
Final thoughts: If a set of natural cedar planks isn’t in your budget, this is a spray that’s worth trying.