Shopping for appliances can be as exciting as it is frustrating. A new appliance means an upgrade over what you currently have. But it also means you now have to sift through dozens, if not hundreds of available options. This is true with refrigerators. With all kinds of features available, ranging from separate temperature zones to Smart features, it is easy to feel overwhelmed when visiting the appliance store or even looking online. Thankfully, you don’t have to find the best refrigerator on your own. To help, here are the top 10 rated refrigerators on the market, from the most expensive to the least.
|Top||Fisher Paykel RS36A72J1 36" Star K Energy Star Built-In French Door Refrigerator with 16.8 cu. ft. Capacity 72" Tall ActiveSmart Foodcare Adaptive Defrost Fast Freeze and LED Lights: Panel||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Frigidaire Professional Stainless Steel Freezerless Refrigerator||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Fisher Paykel RF170ADUSX4 31" ActiveSmart French Door Refrigerator||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Thor Kitchen Automatic Ice-maker, 36inch Refrigerator with Counter Depth French Door||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||SMETA 36 Inch 22.5 cu ft Counter Depth French Door Refrigerator Bottom Freezer with Auto Ice Maker for Home Kitchen, Stainless Steel||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Frigidaire FFHB2750TS 36 Inch French Door Refrigerator with 26.8 cu. ft. Total Capacity, in Stainless Steel||Prime||Buy Now|
|Haier 15-Cu.-Ft. French-Door Refrigerator 28" width Stainless Steel HRF15N3AGS||Prime||Buy Now|
|Galanz GLR12TRDEFR Retro Refrigerator, 12.0 Cu Ft, Red||Prime||Buy Now|
Ever watch one of those DIY home improvement shows and see a fridge that looks like it is built into the cabinetry? Ever want one? Here’s your chance with the Fisher Paykel fridge. It’s pricey, but if you’re willing to throw down the cash it has a perfect 5-Star rating on Amazon.
- Beautiful looking. Truly high end.
- 16.8 cubic feet inside gives you plenty of storage space.
- Adaptive Defrost for fast freeze and LED lights.
- Extremely expensive. It is nearly double what the next fridge on this list costs, so you really, really need to like the design.
- Doesn’t have any external design features other than the cabinetry look. If you want outside controls or an external ice maker you’ll need to go with something else.
This is a truly beautiful fridge. There’s no denying that. An Amazon reviewer says it’s super quiet and keeps food fresh for weeks, if not months. You just need to decide if you want to spend the extra money on the high-end external finish. It is the kind of fridge that turns heads, as long as you’re ready to spend the extra cash.
When you’re really serious about your fridge this is the way to go. It’s 100% dedicated to being a refrigerator. There is no freezer at all. It’s built for professionals but it is perfect for when you only eat fresh foods and avoid the frozen section of the supermarket. The lack of a freezer means it’s not for everyone, but it might be perfect for you.
- Total refrigerator capacity of 18.6 cubic feet.
- The stainless steel is smudge-proof and resists fingerprints. This way, you can have an easy to care for refrigerator that doesn’t instantly reflect fingerprints, dog nose smears, and anything else that might brush up against the appliance.
- Some refrigerators can leave a funky taste on some food. This is because something went bad in the fridge and the smell got locked in. This fridge features a PureAir Ultra Filtration System to keep air fresh.
- Auto alerts for if the door is left open or the temperature unexpectedly shifts.
- No freezer.
- Lacking most frilly updates such as Smart design features.
- Might be too big for some houses.
When you want a large refrigerator that is 100% fridge, you’re not going to find anything else that has the sheer space. That might be perfect for you. Or it might not check off all your boxes. One Amazon reviewer pointed out the fridge is “Simply Awesome” and going the way of stand-alone fridges and freezers is the way to go. But that’s your call.
This fridge makes it super easy to get at anything you need to. The French door and fold-out drawers are a dream come true and the bottom portion freezer has ample space.
- Easy to access anything you have inside the fridge. Drawers will slide out so you don’t have to reach past anything.
- Sleek and minimal water and ice maker up front.
- Good sized design for most families.
- For the price, you might want additional Smart features.
- The temperature control is rather lacking.
This is a fine all-around fridge. It has everything your basic fridge should have and will satisfy most customers. If you want Smart features you’ll need to go with something else, but it’s still a solid purchase option.
French doors, dual freezer drawers, what’s not to love about this fridge? It comes fully loaded with a large number of features you are absolutely sure to love.
- The “chiller” drawer is perfect for when you want to move food from the freezer but don’t want it to be in the fridge (or in the sink).
- Large humidity-controlled feature.
- Dual cycles provide dual air-cooled functionality to keep your food fresher, longer.
- External temperature gauge and control functionality.
- Extremely deep fridge might be too deep for many houses.
- There is no ice maker or water dispenser.
- Freezer space is minimal as the chiller drawer takes some of this space up.
A nice, fully functional fridge that offers all kinds of ways to store your food. When you want a clean, sleek looking fridge for a large family, this is one to consider.
Like the French Door design but wish the freezer would play by the same rules? The Lycan 30 French 4-Door refrigerator is perfect for you. While the freezer is on the bottom it maintains the French door look as the top half. It is also loaded with other features.
- Dual French door design.
- 15.3 cubic feet, with 9.9 of it dedicated to the fridge and 5.4 dedicated to freezer space.
- Beautifully designed LED display on the outside makes it easy to monitor and control the fridge without opening it.
- Automatic defrosting.
- Bottom French doors might be awkward for some.
- No Smart features.
- Lacks external ice maker.
The dual French door design is unique and the LED touchpad is a great way to control the fridge without opening it. One reviewer on Amazon said the fridge looks and functions like a $20,000 fridge. So it comes with high praise. Ultimately you need to decide if the look matches what you’re going for.
The 36-inch and counter depth refrigerator ensures you have all the space you’ll ever need in a refrigerator.
- Over 20 cubic feet of fridge space, yet still plenty of room for the freezer and chiller drawer.
- Freezing temperatures range between 5 and 11 degrees.
- External temperature controls so you don’t have to open up the fridge.
- Fingerprint resistant to keep you from constantly wiping down the stainless steel construction.
- No external ice maker.
- Depth might be an issue for some houses that do not have extremely deep countertops.
This is a well designed, well thought out fridge. When you think of a quality fridge that delivers on almost anything you need, the SMETA is it. While the ice maker is on the inside, the lack of ice maker access externally keeps the fridge looking sleek.
When you want a beautiful fridge that delivers on nearly every level, this is a great looking option with the French door design. It also has an ice maker and water dispenser. With a sleek design and external controls, this is a top-rated fridge for a reason.
- Easy access to everything in your fridge, so no more reaching.
- Ice maker and water dispenser.
- 26.8 cubic feet of internal space, so you’ll have more than enough room for whatever you need to keep cold.
- 36 inches might be too large for some spaces in your kitchen. Make sure to measure before ordering anything.
- Most of the side pull-out door space is taken up by the ice machine and water dispenser.
The perfect fridge for families and for people who want some customization in their fridge. It doesn’t have the kinds of alarms and smart features as other fridges, but there is plenty of storage space. Only major downside is the amount of space taken up by the ice maker.
The French door design is a classy look and makes it easier to access some foods. This design also comes with two freezer slide-out drawers to make it easier to adjust the desired temperature for your frozen foods. There are a number of features you’ll fall in love with and it’s a great fridge for most households.
- 15 cubic feet of space, so there’s plenty of storage room inside.
- Adjustable glass shelves make it possible to move the shelving around to better fit your storage needs.
- Sends out a boost of cold air to keep foods at proper temperature whenever doors or drawers are opened.
- Electronic thermostat allows you to adjust the temperature to the exact degree.
- Freezer is on the bottom, which might be challenging for anyone who suffers knee and back pains when bending over.
- Lacking the Smart features of other refrigerators.
This is a solid all-in-one fridge and freezer design. The dual-freezer construction is excellent and perfect for when you need to separate some of your frozen foods. It doesn’t have a water or ice dispenser, which might be a bummer, but it is sleek looking and offers you plenty of benefits.
When you need a simple, yet elegant fridge that isn’t flash but just gets the job done right, check out this fridge and freezer combo from Equator. It’s perfect for when you have very little space but you still want a fantastically designed fridge.
- No Frost feature makes it easy to avoid the freezer burn and over frosting that can happen with other freezers.
- Slender design makes it possible to fit in just about any space.
- Back panel is perfectly flat, so it can push back flat against a wall.
- Wine rack storage is available.
- On the small side and really is best for a single unit apartment or for someone living on their own.
- Freezer takes up a good chunk of space (nearly half).
This is a good refrigerator when you have a small amount of space. Perhaps you’re moving into an apartment that doesn’t have a fridge or your home is on the smaller side. When you want a nicely designed fridge but don’t have the massive amounts of space, this Equator fridge is perfect.
Retro is very much in style these days. While not for everyone, if you’ve been searching for a beautiful, fun, and stylish refrigerator you’ll be hard-pressed to find one that can stack up with the Galanz fridge. With a number of color options, no other fridge on this list can compare.
- Comes in three colors: red, black, baby blue.
- There are a number of size options available. If you want a smaller design for a college dorm or a workspace you can go as small as a 2.5 cubic foot fridge, or you can go as large as a 12 cubic foot design.
- Adjustable mechanical thermostat to give it a customizable and yet retro design fee.
- Energy Star rated.
- The door is reversible (as well as the handle), so you can adjust how the Galanz opens based on your needs.
- Interior has bottle rack built into the door and vegetable crisper at the base.
- In terms of updated features, this fridge is lacking basically any of the modern design upgrades. While this, in a way, is the point of a retro fridge, you might want something that has some modern features. If you want any modern updates you should check out one of the other refrigerators on the list.
- You don’t have many configuration options. The door panels and slots are pretty much set, and while you can adjust some of the shelves within the refrigerator you are still more or less limited with what you can do.
- The freezer has no customization features other than the ability to remove the central shelf.
This is a fun fridge if you’re going for that 1950s diner look inside your kitchen. It would also look great if you’re doing up your garage like a retro garage and you want to toss in a fridge to complete the look. It’s cheaper than one of those classic Coca-Cola refrigerators and yet beautiful looking. It is also one of the highest-rated refrigerators on Amazon with over a 4.5 (out of 5) rating from 137 reviewers (as of July, 2020). Realistically this fridge is either going to be perfect for you or it won’t work out at all.