In a cordless world, it’s more important than ever to have around-the-clock access to a reliable power supply for your smartphone, tablet and other essential electronic gadgets. That’s when a quality USB power bank comes in handy. Using a USB interface and often small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, they’re ready to give you needed power when you’re on the go. Here is a power bank review of our 10 favorite products.
|HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger Car Jump Starter with AC Outlet and Car Charger - Grey||Prime||Buy Now|
|Portable Charger Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - Ultra High Capacity Power Bank with 4.8A Output and PowerIQ Technology, External Battery Pack for iPhone, iPad & Samsung Galaxy & More (Black)||Prime||Buy Now|
|ROMOSS 30000mAh Power Bank Sense 8+, 18W PD USB C Portable Charger with 3 Outputs & 3 Inputs External Battery Pack Cell Phone Charger Battery Compatible with iPhone 11, Xs Max, MacBook, iPad Pro||Prime||Buy Now|
|Portable Charger Power Bank 25800mAh Huge Capacity External Battery Pack Dual Output Port with LED Status Indicator Power Bank for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, Android Phone,Tablet & etc（Black）||Prime||Buy Now|
|Jackery Portable Charger Giant+ 12000mAh Power Outdoors Dual USB Output Battery Pack Travel Backup Power Bank with Emergency LED Flashlight for iPhone, Samsung and Other Smart Devices - Black||Prime||Buy Now|
|Solar Charger 20000mAh YOESOID Portable Solar Power Bank with Dual USB Output Waterproof External Battery Pack Compatible Most Smart Phones and Tablets||Prime||Buy Now|
|Anker Power Bank, PowerCore Slim 10000, Ultra Slim Portable Charger, Compact 10000mAh External Battery, High-Speed PowerIQ Charging Technology for iPhone, Samsung Galaxy and More (USB-C Input Only)||Prime||Buy Now|
|2-Pack Miady 10000mAh Dual USB Portable Charger, Fast Charging Power Bank with USB C Input, Backup Charger for iPhone X, Galaxy S9, Pixel 3 and etc …||Prime||Buy Now|
|2020 Updated Ultra Compact 10000mAh PD Power Bank, Dual USB A and USB C Ports with Quick Charge 3.0 Technology, Portable Charger with Digital Screen for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Google Pixel and More||Prime||Buy Now|
This USB power bank from HALO is more than a spare battery – it’s also an emergency kit for your car. Reviewers rave about its quick charging time and battery life.
- Two 2.4-volt charging outlets allow you to charge two devices at once.
- Includes a car charger.
- Provides up to 8 hours of battery life for a laptop or 20 hours for a mini tablet.
- The price point is higher than most of the competition.
- Those with unreliable car batteries might want to invest in a dedicated jump starter.
Final thoughts: The HALO power bank is a versatile tool – and stylish one too – that stands ready to take on life’s unexpected emergencies.
This pint-sized charger from Anker delivers a quick charge – particularly impressive given it weighs just 12.5 ounces.
- It holds enough juice to charge an iPhone 8 up to seven times or a Galaxy S8 five times.
- With access to a 2 amp charger, this power bank can completely recharge itself in 10 hours.
- The set includes the charger, a micro USB cable, travel pouch and an easy-to-follow guidebook.
- If you own an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to buy a Lightning cord separately. (It’s not intended for iPod Nano or Classic devices).
- It won’t work for devices with an input below 50mA, which can include some Bluetooth headsets and GPS-type devices.
Final thoughts: It’s hard to pack more punch into this power bank. Plus it’s backed by Anker’s exceptional customer service, which users rave about.
ROMOSS boasts their bank is four times faster than the competition, so we took notice. It’s versatile too; use it to recharge your Nintendo Switch or to power your tablet while camping.
- Three inputs and three outputs – need we say more?
- Users rave that it actually over-delivers on its ability to keep your devices running and running.
- Its built-in safety system protects against overheating, overcovering and short circuiting.
- This power bank can be charged with a micro USB, Lightning or Type-C cord, but you’ll have to buy it separately; no cords are included.
- With its wattage, it’s not typically allowed on commercial airlines.
Final thoughts: When it comes to power banks, over-performance is not a sin. The loyalty of its customers and the versatility of this bank are hard to beat.
This portable charger from LANLUK boasts 25800mAh, making it a fast recharger and one of the highest power banks on the market. Charge your phone and still have power to recharge your other devices.
- The charger includes 2 USB ports in combination with a 5V / 2.1A and 5V / 1A output.
- It uses a polymer lithium battery with built-in security devices to protect your gear from overcharging.
- 18 months of customer service is also included.
- While it’s compatible with most devices, you’ll still need a Lightning cord for Apple products.
- Because it’s a lithium battery, you’ll want to double check with airlines before taking it with you for air travel.
Final thoughts: There’s a lot to love with the LANLUK power bank, especially its ability to charge your gear quickly. Just double-check to make sure it meets your travel needs.
This high capacity power bank from Jackery is portable and great for a day when regular AC outlets aren’t convenient or nearby..
- Its battery cells are Underwriters Laboratories (UL) certified so rest easy knowing it has been tested to meet industry standards.
- It includes a built-in flashlight.
- It can be charged more than 500 times.
- Like nearly all power banks, that Lightning cord purchase is needed if you want to charge an iPhone.
- Double check with airlines before you travel so that you conform with any requirements for its storage in your luggage.
Final thoughts: We appreciate the emphasis on this power bank’s safety. Jackery has made its reputation on green-friendly products, and that’s an asset when it comes to choosing a charger.
This power bank is about the same size as today’s smartphones, so slip it into a pocket when you’re on the go.
- This model provides three USB inputs and three inputs.
- Its high-speed charging ability can get your phone up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes.
- An LCD display shows the device’s remaining power supply at a glance.
- Compared with the competition, the unit’s size and weight can feel bulky.
- The wait for the unit to reach 100 percent charging ability can seem long.
Final thoughts: The extra inputs and outputs are a plus. If you don’t mind the size, it’s a good power bank for most consumers.
This power bank from YOESOID can be charged by the sun but also by a regular outfit if that’s more practical. Like most of its competitors, it features dual USB ports.
- Who doesn’t love a power bank that can be charged on a sunny day?
- This power bank is built for the outdoors, so take it camping and boating with confidence.
- An LED flashlight is built into the device.
- When powering up via sunlight, it can take longer than a regular power bank.
- Not an ideal power bank if you’re intending to use it mainly indoors.
Final thoughts: Anyone who cares about the planet will be impressed by a solar power bank. It should appeal to any outdoor adventurer.
This charger by Anker is one of the smallest and lightest models in the 10,000mAh class. Yet it still delivers the same punch of power as larger banks.
- It can deliver 3 ½ charges for your iPhone 8 or 2 ½ charges for a Galaxy S8.
- It’s as small as a deck of playing cards and weights as much as a baseball.
- It boasts 11 safety features to protect your devices from overheating and overcharging.
- If you own an iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to buy a Lightning cord separately.
- Not recommended for devices like wireless earbuds or GPS systems.
Final thoughts: If you don’t need a heavy-duty power bank – and portability is a priority – this model feels like a good fit.
What’s better than one good power bank? Two, of course. Each of these banks from Miady has two USB ports that can quickly detect all connected devices.
- Naturally having a spare battery is the top positive in picking this package. They even come in separate colors so you can tell them apart.
- A grippy design makes them easy to pick up and hold.
- Purchases come with impressive 24/7 customer support for 18 months.
- Only micro USB cables are provided, so you may need to buy additional cords.
- These chargers automatically shut off after 30 seconds if lower power consumption is detected so they’re not recommended for low-powered items like light strings.
Final thoughts: Everyone loves a “buy one, get one” special – especially when the product is high quality. These are great for smart devices but not recommended for lower-powered gear.
This model from PURSUN is budget-friendly but it still delivers the basic necessities of any reliable power bank: dual ports, fast charges and compact size.
- This unit’s dual USB-A and USB-C ports allow for two devices to charge at the same.
- An LED digital screen on the power bank lets you know how much power remains.
- This model can be taken on commercial flights in your carry-on because it falls below the 100wh flight restriction.
- Because it’s a more no-frills power bank, it doesn’t have some of the extra features of more expensive competing models.
- Accessories are limited.
Final thoughts: If you need a power bank during flights, this is the one. It’s also a great model to start with, according to our power bank review.